Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year, New Blogging Inspiration

After more than a month of not having the time to blog on here (or rather, not making it a priority) here we are in the new year and, after ten beautiful, work-free days (including my birthday), I want to get back into it.  December went really smoothly at work.  All of my classes ended their current units, and will be starting new units tomorrow, and I really enjoyed the projects and investigations my students did (which I hope to reflect more fully about in a later post).

I came across this post by Dan Meyer on his winter break in recreational mathematics and then by AJ Juliani on his 30 Day Blogging Challenge, so I wan inspired to write on here.  Coming off last year's MfA experiences, like Dan Meyer, on of my professional goals includes doing more math, which means doing more recreational mathematics, which I must admit, I have slacked on since last summer.  Hopefully I can use this space to change that.  As for the 30 Day Blogging Challenge, my goal is to write 100 words a day for 30 days (yes, I know it's small, but I want to stay realistic), and to publish one post per week.  So here we go, day 1.  As we enter into the cold, dark school month of January, it may be rough, but it also the half-way point of the school year, which reminds me that even though there's work to do, it goes by really fast, and I want to make my time with my students count.

Here's to an inspiring, reflective, thoughtful 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment