Sunday, October 23, 2016

Our job requires a lot of us...

Planning for three grades & grading five classes worth of work takes up more time than actually teaching five classes across three grades every day, especially since I am being mindful about balancing work and life.

Non-teacher-me is proud of myself for setting and keeping boundaries when it comes to doing (and not doing) work; but like all teachers, teacher-me knows that there is always more that can be done, but it would require having no life outside my classroom.

Our job requires a lot of us mentally, physically, and emotionally.  What we do everyday is hard, because what we do every day is important.

I've planned out this week as best as I can, and even though I still have grading (and more planning) I could be doing, I am going to call it a night, meditate for a bit, and then enjoy dinner and the third Harry Potter movie, because I believe in balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment