Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The most important of all the "firsts"...

This post will be short because after all tomorrow is the most important of the all the "firsts" - the first day of school.  The halls and rooms and desks will all be full and I will meet my new kids.  It's been a long day, and I am definitely physically tired, but I can't help but be mindful of how relaxed I am.  It's a far cry from the day before my first day of school at my old school, where I almost had a mental breakdown at Staples) and definitely a far cry from my first day of school ever, nine years ago.  I was stressing out a bit last week, but decided to do a short meditation instead, and it really helped - I'm so glad that I will be doing Mindful Schools and Yoga Ed with my kids this year.

I had a thought as I was leaving my classroom this afternoon.  I was reminded of this scene from The Office, as I turned around and took in my empty classroom that will be filled with my new kids tomorrow and who knows what sort of adventures over the next ten months, I thought "This is *my* classroom.  And we're gonna be great." <3

 To all my fellow educators, may you have a wonderfully inspiring new school year with your new students!

No comments:

Post a Comment