Friday, August 15, 2014

2013-14 NY Common Core State Test Results

The DOE released the NY Common Core State Test results for 2013-14 so of course that means I spent my morning making a Google spreadsheet on how my scholars did while watching Rachael Ray this morning.  That combined with reading Driven By Data has definitely made me aware that the new school year is around the corner.

I don't have specifics for individual students yet, but overall I am proud of how my kids did (both my 7th graders from this year and my old 7th graders (last year's 8th graders), and I know I will have my work cut out for me this coming year.  

Since I just got this data today, I am still very much digesting it.  My next steps will be to set it aside for a bit until I can really sit down and dig into it (it is still my summer vacation after all) and note things that I notice and wonder about the data.  Ideally, (although it's unlikely that it will happen) I will get last year's item analysis before the school year starts and a copy of last year's test, so that I can do some really analyzing before the start of the school year, but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment